Monday, December 29, 2008

Forsyth hurt by 'Strictly' criticism


Bruce Forsyth has admitted that he was hurt by criticism of his performance on Strictly Come Dancing this year.

The 80-year-old TV host confirmed that he is unsure about how long he will stick with the programme after struggling to keep up with the pace on the most recent series.

"When you're 80 you don't have many plans for the future. So we'll have to see what happens," he told the Daily Star Sunday.

"This series has been particularly hard, especially with all the criticism I've had to face. If I make a mistake I'm labelled as being doddery and not up to it.

"I had to pace myself. I had to rest a lot and made sure I lay in bed a long time. It was the only way I got through it. I spoke to my doctor as I got quite ill towards the end and he reckoned the reason I was still able to carry on was all to do with my adrenalin."

source digitalspy.co.uk

No comments: